Standard First Aid Level C (Includes CPR C/AED)
Standard First Aid (SFA) is a requirement for any workplace with more than five people. This course covers the complete content of Emergency First Aid plus additional advanced topics and is recognized by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB.) As partners of the Canadian Red Cross, this program is equivalent to the St. John’s Ambulance First Aid but it exceeds their standards as we also include AED (automated external defibrillation) certification. Taking this course can turn you from a bystander into someone who can put their
knowledge and life saving skills into practice.
There are no prerequisites and recertification is available to individuals with a current Red Cross certification valid within three years.
Our Standard First Aid Level C training is geared towards members of the general public who desire in-depth first aid training or those requiring certification for the workplace. This specific course meets the Occupational Health and Safety requirements for the province of Ontario for workplaces with more than 5 employees.
First Aid Techniques and Topics
Includes all topics covered in the Emergency First Aid Course as well as the following:
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training
- CPR for Adults/Children(1 And 2 Rescuers)
- CPR for Infants (One Rescuer)
- How to respond to choking (Adult, Child and Baby Choking)
- Barrier Devices and Pocket Masks
- How To Respond To Emergencies
- The Ems System
- The 3 Key Principles In First Aid – Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid For Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Bone, Muscle and Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden Medical Conditions And Environmental Emergencies
Standard First Aid training provides you with a three year certification in Standard First Aid, level C CPR and AED
training. Each student who successfully completes the course will receive a Red Cross First Aid and CPR manual and a Certification card.
Note if you are a physician, nurse, paramedic or other allied Health Provider, we also offer Standard First Aid Level HCP courses.