Emergency First Aid Level HCP
This course teaches First Aid & CPR techniques and is geared towards Health Care providers. The course covers skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies and other topics such as choking emergencies, airway emergencies, breathing emergencies, and the prevention of disease transmission. There are no prerequisites and recertification is available to individuals with a current Red Cross certification valid within three years.
Emergency First Aid Level HCP is geared towards physicians, nurses, paramedics, dentists and other allied Health Providers (such as Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists or Rescue Technicians) or those planning to enter the health care field.
First Aid Techniques and Topics
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training
- CPR for Adults/Children(1 And 2 Rescuers)
- CPR for Infants (One Rescuer)
- How to respond to choking (Adult, Child and Baby Choking)
- Barrier Devices and Pocket Masks
- Infant 2-person CPR
- Rescue Breathing
- Using Bag Valve Masks
- How To Respond To Emergencies
- The Ems System
- The 3 Key Principles In First Aid – Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid For Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
This course provides you with a three year certification in Emergency First Aid, level HCP CPR and AED training. Each student will receive a Red Cross First Aid and CPR manual and a Certification card.